12 Nov Contractors on the rise
12 November 2018
More and more firms are appreciating the advantages of being able to call on an extra pair of skilled hands to get a specific job done.
With an increasing number of contractors and consultants available in the market, firms are engaging freelancers on a range of short-term projects such as graphic design tasks, CRM database clean-ups, key client program initiatives (including set-up) and leading of strategic pursuits.
Benefits for BD and marketing teams
Additional factors fuelling this demand include:
- Increased budget ownership is enabling BD teams to employ short-term staff for specific tasks.
- Efficient, intelligent and experienced freelance marketers can be relied upon to complete important, but not necessarily business critical projects, and at the same time, help to relieve pressure on already stretched resources.
- Agile (i.e. remote and/or flexible) working environments and technology has enabled contractors to successfully complete tasks with minimum team disruption.
Benefits for contractors and consultants
Just some of the bonuses of contract work include:
- Flexible working hours and location (but likely without employee benefits, e.g. holiday pay and sick leave).
- Broaden your contact base and expand your network list.
- Choose which skills you’d like to develop.
- Broaden your experience – work for various organisations with different cultures, structures and management styles.
- Greater earning potential.
Want to explore consultant or contractor opportunities in more detail? Contact Dalton Handley for a confidential discussion and expert advice.