26 Apr Business Development Manager – Government | Leading Law Firm
Locations: Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1112231
- Join an outstanding national law firm with exceptional leadership within BD and the partnership
- A creative opportunity offering a strategic position and seat at the table
- Join a team of 10+ supporting Government and 20+ nationally
- This opportunity has a VIC Government focus
- Flexible working arrangements available
Our client, a leading national law firm known for its strength in leadership, both in BD and within the partnership, it’s supportive culture and significant growth and success has an opportunity for an ambitious and talented BD professional to join their team in Melbourne.
In this role, you will contribute to the BCM function, becoming a business partner that supports and delivers against the Firm’s vision and strategy, taking ideas to relevant partners and senior lawyers and taking a proactive approach to BD initiatives.
This role works closely with clients and legal teams in business development initiatives for our Victorian State Government Sector. The role develops, implements and drives the BD initiatives across the Victorian State Government portfolio, with particular focus on innovative and creative initiatives that will delight clients.
The role will focus on seeking opportunities to enhance relationships with clients by taking a creative approach to client service, bid processes and innovation in business development.
- Work with the BD leaders to develop tools to support the function.
- Work in accordance with the Firm’s policies, client and regulatory requirements and operational frameworks.Enjoy excellent work life balance and a supportive team culture
Strategy and planning
- Develop, own and implement a business development strategy which meets the current and future needs of the Victorian State Government.
- Identify areas of future development and enhancement of the firm’s capabilities, within the Victorian State Government.
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of the client and sector strategy for the Victorian State Government.
- Play a key part in the ongoing improvement of the BD function – having suggestions and ideas to help bolster the team’s toolkits and operations.
- Engage and collaborate with and be the “go to” person for the roles specific partners and senior lawyers on initiatives to develop and grow their practices.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the firm’s Shared Services Teams and drive the delivery of firm-wide projects.
- Contribute to a culture that is team orientated and committed to the very highest level of client service, work quality and operational excellence.
- Contribute to managing the BCM annual budget for the Victorian State Government sector.
- Use data to drive decisions surrounding ROI, budgets and financial investment on business development initiatives.
- 6 – 10 years’ experience within a sophisticated legal services environment.
- Proven experience in developing a pro-active and strategic BD sector and client strategy for practice teams and sectors.
- Be highly results focused with experience liaising, coaching and influencing partner and senior lawyers.
- Contributing to progressive change within the firm and team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be an effective team-player and have highly developed interpersonal skills including confidence, diplomacy and ability to gain credibility quickly.
- Be tenacious with energy and passion to drive and implement new business initiatives.
- Have strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Have a proven track record in delivering operational excellence and using data to drive decision making.
- Be committed to championing innovation and best practice in client service and thought leadership.
If you are an ambitious professional services marketer in search of a career defining opportunity, or if you would simply like to know more about current market trends including salary levels, please get in touch by contacting Vicky Feros or Charles Handley for further information and to apply.