18 Dec BD Adviser | Tier-1 Law Firm
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1316478
- Two opportunities with this prestigious, ambitious and high performing firm
- Specialised client and BD remits offering an opportunity to step up
- Join truly sophisticated and large BD team in one of Australia’s best law firms
- Salary levels range from $120k to $140k
One of the most successful and highly regarded law firms across Australia and Asia is seeking a Business Development Adviser to contribute to the firms BD and client strategy. Focusing on a key practice group and sector, you will be part of a high-performing, client-centric, innovative and dynamic team.
- Work with the Senior Managers to implement BD plans and initiatives across practices, sectors and clients.
- Work with the Senior Managers to develop and execute the sector strategies and priorities for the sector.
- Developing and executing firm wide client strategy within the sector plans in collaboration with client and sector leaders. This includes broadening and deepening relationships with the firm’s key, by driving the implementation of the Strategic Account Leadership program.
- Supporting client service teams with account management and relationship development activities e.g. account plans, relationship mapping, identifying client issues and drivers, maintaining CRM and other client data, and client / market research.
- Supporting specific marketing campaigns and initiatives – develop client driven, innovative thought leadership in conjunction with the Clients and Sectors, Marketing Communications and PR teams.
- Collaborating with practice groups and centres on go-to-market strategy, including Thought Leadership Campaigns.
- Preparing high quality documents and materials, including client driven collateral, tenders and capability statements, directories submissions, reports and award submissions.
- Working with the Events team to coordinate successful client events, sponsorships and industry partnerships.
- Supporting the Senior Managers to actively manage practice team and sector BD budgets.
- Leveraging wider activities and resources.
Required skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business or Commerce (preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation.
- Experience in practice development and key account management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment working to tight timetables; works well under pressure.
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push key agenda items forward and how to build interest or buy-in.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.