09 Jun Senior BD and Bid Specialist (Melbourne) | World Leader in Engineering Consulting
Location: Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1252354
- End-to-end pursuit and bid management, driving real revenue
- Excel in an environment where hard work is recognised and celebrated
- Australasia focus
Our client, one of the world’s leaders in the built environment, is looking for a driven, motivated and committed Senior BD and Bid Specialist to join their regional team.
Based in Melbourne, this role is responsible for winning work. You will manage pursuits and bids, and be part of broader BD and client initiatives that help achieve client success. This role works with Business Leaders and Client Relationship Managers to develop bespoke client offerings. Reporting into the Pursuits and Bids Manager, this is a highly rewarding, engaging and progressive role.
While anytime is a good time to join, now is particularly exciting. With a global refresh, our client is taking winning work to the next level. High-performing individuals will have the opportunity to excel in an environment where hard work is recognised and celebrated.
- Develop and manage pursuits, bids and client material targeted at winning work. Pursuits and bids will vary in scale and complexity.
- Coordinate, author and review non-standard documentation for bids and pitches.
- Be the point of contact for technical experts and assist in formulating win strategies, key messaging, win themes and technical differentiators.
- Assist on broad BD and client facing initiatives, including pitch presentations, client listening and interview preparation.
- Ensure all information required within the business meets internal and client deadlines and priorities.
- Be an internal connector across the business.
- Contribute to relevant business development and go/no go meetings.
- Continually look at areas of development and improvement around bidding processes and success rates.
Required skills and qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably in business, marketing or communications).
- Strong capability and experience in bid and pursuit management in professional services or a B2B environment; engineering preferred.
- Strong bid process knowledge and project management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver complex bids within challenging timelines.
- Ability to work with internal teams to identify client requirements and successfully articulate differentiators, benefits and win themes.
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofing skills, including persuasive writing techniques.
- Exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- A strong approach to service excellence and a desire to add value to the firm by improving the quality of bids and bid content.
- Ability to be flexible and work through ambiguity.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at email@example.com or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.