18 Dec BD, Pursuit and Bid Manager (Melbourne) | World Leader in Engineering Consulting
Location: Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1252354
- End-to-end pursuit and bid management, driving real revenue
- Excel in an environment where hard work is recognised and celebrated
- Australasia focus with leadership responsibilities
Our client, one of the world’s leaders in the built environment, is looking for a driven, motivated and committed Bid and Pursuit Manager to join their regional team.
Based in Melbourne, this role is responsible for winning work. You will manage pursuits and bids, and be part of broader BD and client initiatives that help achieve client success. This role offers team management and leadership responsibilities to a high-performing and dedicated team across Australasia. Reporting into the Pursuit Leader, this is a highly rewarding, engaging and progressive role.
While anytime is a good time to join, now is particularly exciting. With a global refresh, our client is taking winning work to the next level. High-performing individuals will have the opportunity to excel in an environment where hard work is recognised and celebrated.
- Develop and manage pursuits, bids and client material targeted at winning work. Pursuits and bids will vary in scale and complexity.
- Oversee all pursuit and bid support for VIC (and more broadly when needed).
- Be the point of contact for technical experts and assist in formulating win strategies, key messaging, win themes and technical differentiators.
- Manage and nurture a strong pipeline of talent and accurately capture pipeline priorities.
- Assist on broad BD and client facing initiatives, including pitch presentations, client listening and interview preparation.
- Advise on and contribute to financial performance, including win rates and bidding costs with an effort to improve operations and efficiencies.
- Identify and nurture a strong talent pipeline and succession for roles and skills in strategy, pursuits and bidding.
- Contribute to relevant business development and go/no go meetings.
- Continually look at areas of development and improvement around bidding processes and success rates.
- Provide guidance, training, direction and feedback to the team and assist in the continual development of junior team members.
Required skills and qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably in business, marketing or communications).
- Excellent bid and pursuit management capability and experience of bid and pursuit management in professional services or a B2B environment; engineering preferred.
- Strong bid process knowledge, stakeholder engagement and influencing skills, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver complex bids within challenging timelines.
- Ability to work with internal teams to identify client requirements and successfully articulate differentiators, benefits and win themes.
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofing skills, including persuasive writing techniques.
- Exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels, including a demonstrable track record in relationship-building and influencing change.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- A strong approach to service excellence and a desire to add value to the firm by improving the quality of bids and bid content.
- Ability to be flexible and work through ambiguity.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at email@example.com or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.