09 Aug Business Development Manager | Leading Australian Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1270678
- Develop and lead client and market activities
- Manage some of the firms most important clients
- Be part of a high-performing and collaborative BD and Marketing team
Our client, a leading Australian law firm, is known for their focus on people, high performance and a culture of respect, loyalty and integrity.
Based in Sydney, the Business Development Manager plays a key role in the BD & Marketing team, developing and leading client and market activities. You will join a collegiate, welcoming, well respected BD & Marketing team that works alongside the partners and practice to build the brand, position to win work and look after clients.
This role will manage the Business Development & Marketing activities for the Insolvency & Reconstruction Practice Group, Transport, Faith-Based and Education Sector Groups, as well as undertake account management responsibilities for some of the firms most important clients.
BD & Marketing – strategic focus and management:
- Develop and manage the overarching BD & marketing strategic plan for your groups.
- Act as main contact for your groups to progress strategic and tactical activities within the plan, according to required criteria (relevance, quality, frequency, timeliness, measured and reported results).
- Maintain market knowledge of your portfolio areas and other relevant industries to assist in strategy management for the group.
- Act as liaison point between your portfolio group and other practice groups and broader marketing team/resources; join the dots.
- Act as BD ‘coach’ for relevant partners/senior lawyers within your responsible groups
- Work with the Head of BD on projects around particular focus areas: pricing, product/services development, competitor analysis, account management, client listening and other relevant areas.
Client Relationship Program – management:
- Work with Client Relationship Partners to actively manage key clients for the practice, including conducting client feedback meetings and account planning sessions.
- Work with the CX & BD teams to progress key strategies and activities to support CRM program, particularly around improvement and use of InterAction across the groups.
BD & Marketing – tactical activities:
- Proposals and pitches: lead the development of effective capability statements/proposal documents/tender responses and management of broader proposal strategy and process.
- Communications: work with Communications team to assist with input into media campaigns; directory listings; award submissions; online and social media activities; and other relevant comms activities
- Branding and profiling: identify tactical go-to-market campaigns that provide profiling for your groups, in alignment with broader firm-level profiling and brand initiatives.
- Events: work with the Events team to plan and manage relevant events, in line with overall strategic plan.
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Sound understanding of professional services firm (PSF) marketing theory and related concepts/structures/activities.
- Proven experience in working with business areas and practice groups to progress BD, marketing and CRM-specific strategies and activities.
- Proven ability to innovate and apply new ideas to commercial reality.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, business or communications.
- Excellent customer service and client-centric work ethic.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Lexis Nexis InterAction and related IT platforms.
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.