20 Dec Senior Business Development Manager | Leadership Figure Role in Key Practice Area | Tier-1 Law Firm
- Opportunity for an already senior business development manager to achieve a brand uplift and join a world class firm
- Work as one of the most senior figures in the Sydney office, managing talented individuals and corralling the broader Sydney team; prime yourself to be a Head of in future
- Work with some of the most prominent and influential partners in the firm
- Operate at a strategic level, combining BD, client and marketing communications strategy to drive growth for highest grossing practice area for the firm
- Highly supportive, collaborative culture focussed on the development and success of all
- Flexible work options and 4 day week/9day fortnight options considered
- Sydney or Melbourne, however Sydney is the preferred location
Our client is a tier-1 law firm with an outstanding global reputation for excellence in service delivery. They have a cohesive, collaborative, well resourced and sophisticated marketing and business development function, known for its high performance culture and the opportunities its team members have to further their careers. As a result of some positive structural changes, there is an opportunity for a senior and highly ambitious business development professional with both strong strategic BD and marketing capabilities and people leadership skills to be part of their success story.
Overview of the opportunity:
As a Senior Business Development Manager supporting the Corporate practice, you will play a critical role in driving the firm’s market-leading position. Further, as one of the most senior business developers in the Sydney office and reporting into a Melbourne based leadership team, managing a highly talented team of three including a Manager and two Consultants, you will have the opportunity to informally corral and mentor the broader Sydney team and hone your leadership skills in a high performance environment; this is an opportunity to prime yourself for a functional leadership role in future. This role involves:
- Collaborating closely with partners, lawyers, and the business development and marketing teams in a strategic capacity.
- Innovating by bringing fresh ideas, generating leads, solving problems, and managing high-value pursuits aligned with practice strategy.
- Delivering revenue growth and building enduring client relationships.
- Setting practice strategy and priorities, and driving implementation.
- Identifying and capitalising on cross-practice and sector collaboration opportunities.
- Conducting client feedback sessions to continually enhance service offerings.
- Coaching partners and managing associates in executing business plans.
- Leading strategy pursuits for clients and deal opportunities.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to identify event, publishing, media, and speaking opportunities.
- Collaborating with the client team to develop increasingly sophisticated approaches to client engagements.
- Overseeing the management of tenders, including preparation and project management in collaboration with your team.
- Experience in a professional services firm or complex corporate organisation.
- Proven track record in strategy development and implementation.
- Strong pipeline management skills.
- Experience in developing business development initiatives for revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of client experience and aligning business development activities accordingly.
- Strong people management skills and experience managing tenders at a strategic level with the willingness to participate when needed.
- Familiarity with working alongside communications, digital, and events teams.
- A client-focused and solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent project management skills and commercial acumen.
This firm offers fantastic career development opportunities for ambitious candidates. The culture is one of learning and development, growth and achievement, which is supported by the firm’s global presence for those seeking international opportunities later on in their career.
To apply, please contact Charles Handley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call email@example.com – please leave a voicemail or send a text message if there is no answer.