22 Jun Pitch Team Leadership role – Pursuit Manager | Tier-1 Law Firm | Establish and Lead a function
Locations: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1112231
- Newly created functional leadership role suited to an experienced pursuit manager
- Design, build and lead a sophisticated, high value function
- Build and manage a team
- Focus on centralising the management of major pursuits and panel tenders
- Candidates from Manager to Senior Manager encouraged to apply
An opportunity for an experienced pursuit management professional to design, establish, build and lead a sophisticated and high performing team has arisen with a highly successful, ambitious and growing tier-1 law firm. This role is significant to the business and will work closely with the BD and Marketing leadership group at a senior level.
This will be a newly formed sub-team of the Marketing Group working alongside the Business Development team and initially responsible
for the management and response to major pursuit opportunities for strategic clients and targets, and to secure positions on firmwide panel responses. To date, all pursuits and tender responses have been managed by the BD team. This role will therefore bring efficiencies and streamline the firm’s response to panel responses and major pursuits.
You will have the opportunity to build the Pursuits team architecture, including processes and procedures, such as best practice interaction with the BD and CRM teams on required input, in the creation, storage, and process flows for best practice content, and in the review of the current pitching platform, including playing a vital role in determining what the next iteration of firm’s pitching platform should be.
This role will see the successful applicant supporting the business development team in winning new business and building the firm’s position within the market through pursuits, proposals, capability statements, and other pitch documents and presentations. This role offers the scope to effect real change and shape the business and strategy.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Overseeing and taking responsibility for the firm’s response to firmwide RfP and panel opportunities and major pursuits to enhance the value delivered to Partners, implementing best practice project management across all opportunities, with Key Stakeholders
- Driving best practice with the Key Stakeholders on all matters of best practice project management and approach to firm wide panel responses and major pursuit opportunities
- Leading the growth of the Pursuit and Pitch team, the role it plays in driving value for the business and how it supports the Business Development team and wider Marketing Group
- Developing systems and processes for best practice pursuit and pitch response
- Working closely with BD, managing approved pitch content, including operational content relating to the client experience and the delivery of firm services, fee proposal content, value-added services, awards and submissions and firm overview content, ensuring content is accurate and ready to use
- Working closely with the Leadership and marketing team to ensure consistent a consistent approach to panel and pursuit responses, including the correct implementation of tone of voice
- Owning the firm’s pitch tracker and outcomes database, reporting periodically on that data and advising operation and legal teams on development opportunities based on client information.
- Debriefing tender opportunities with clients
- Managing and developing one pursuit and pitch team member (initially)
- Proven experience in pitch and pursuit management within a professional services environment at a senior level.
- Knowledge of sophisticated systems, processes and infrastructure that represents best practice pursuit management. Newly
- Tertiary qualified in a related discipline.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercially astute with a proven ability to innovate and apply new ideas that achieve results.
If you are an ambitious professional services marketer in search of a career defining opportunity, or if you would simply like to know more about current market trends including salary levels, please get in touch by contacting Charles Handley for further information and to apply.