12 Apr Senior Business Development Manager – 2IC to Director of BD | Leading Boutique Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1230090
- Join a well established Australian law firm with a supportive and collaborative culture
- Play a key role as 2IC in leading and developing the team
- Full mix senior marketing and business development role
- Work with highly engaged partners
- Great opportunity for a manager or senior manager to step up
- Part-time / flexible working available
- Have a seat at the firm’s leadership table
Our client is a proudly independent Australian law firm that works closely with corporations, businesses and governments throughout Australia.
The Business Development team is helping to continue to drive the firm’s success moving forward and this role will be at the forefront of continuing their growth story for clients with a range of groups. Working as a trusted 2IC to the BD Director and with a highly energised team, you will be working at a firm that offers flexible working arrangements, significant support in terms of BD tools to help you succeed in the role, and the promise of a real “seat at the table” in terms of strategy and direction of the practice.
- New business and thought leadership
- Driving and executing on thought leadership within target sectors.
- Identifying client/new work opportunities, emerging product and service areas and working with other stakeholders to pursue these.
- Project manage the publication of internal newsletters to facilitate the exchange of information between partners, share ideas for thought leadership and foster collaboration – including some client and matter reporting.
Key client account management
- Managing key client accounts – driving and executing on client planning and development ideas and plans.
- Preparing lawyers for business development meetings with clients and prospects.
- Assisting cross practice group integration in a way that improves client ‘stickiness’.
- Work with partners to conduct and promote post transaction reviews in order to obtain client feedback and assist in improving client service.
- Support partners with the development and execution of practice group strategy.
- Providing support to the section heads in the execution of their BD role and responsibilities.
- Identify and execute on strategic business development initiatives that align with the firms’ strategies including awareness training, profile raising, and collaboration projects.
- Actively develop and maintain a deep understanding of the market and the competitive position of the relevant practice groups through extensive internal and external research.
- Understand and engage with relevant markets, industry sectors and clients, and identify trends and business development opportunities aligned with the firms’ offerings.
Bids and Tenders
- Leading on the content and project management of bids, pitches, tenders, capability statements, legal directory / league tables and award submissions including reviewing and communicating client requirements and deadlines and acquiring, drafting and editing content.
- Assisting with compiling and drafting Australian content for marketing collateral, bids / tenders and similar.
- Supporting the preparation of responses to client’s request for proposals or information for relevant practice groups.
- Manage and assist with pitch and formal tender processes, including approving pricing, uploading submissions, and managing post pitch and evaluation processes.
What you will bring:
- Proven experience BD or marketing experience, preferably in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Qualifications in a relevant field (i.e. commerce, business, marketing, law, communications or similar) and a proven ability in quantitative fields.
- Demonstrated innovation and creative problem-solving abilities, with strong project management skills and the ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment.
- Strong people skills, and the energy and passion to drive new business initiatives, influence partners, and deliver and analyse results.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- A strong customer-centric approach – you are always thinking about how our clients interact with the brand and what we can do to improve their experience.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technology and work proficiently in Microsoft Office 2010, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
Working with a highly energised team, the firm will offer flexible working arrangements, significant support to help you succeed in the role, and the promise of a real “seat at the table” in terms of leading the communications strategy.
If you would like to express your interest in this rare opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call or call 02 8042 7970. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.