04 Jul Digital Marketing & Communications Consultant | Leading Australian Law Firm | Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra
Location: Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra, Australia | Job ID: 1656212
- Leading Australian Law Firm
- Join a close knit, supportive and progressive team
- Take charge of creating impactful content
- Suited to candidates with strong writing skills
- 12 month contract
Our client is a leading independent Australian law firm that works to make a difference for its corporate, government and individual clients. The Business Development, Communications & Marketing team partners with leaders of the firm to drive client engagement and manage the firm’s brand and profile. An opportunity for a strong writer with digital communication skills to join the team for a contractual period of 12 months has arisen and can be located anywhere in Australia.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, this role will be part of a team tasked with managing the firm’s internal and external communications program across a variety of mediums. The team’s role is to tell the story of the firm and its people in its own voice on their own channels to key audiences.
The Digital Marketing & Communications Consultant will play a crucial role in managing digital channels, including website and social media, and producing content for those platforms that will engage busy clients. You will also play a leading role in developing marketing campaigns to help win work and attract talent.
- Producing engaging content for various internal and external communications platforms. This will include video and audio content.
- Working with the Head of Communications, the Business Development team and legal teams to develop and execute marketing campaigns
- Assisting with implementing, tracking, and analysing impact and effectiveness of online campaigns from an ROI perspective
- Driving the analysis of the effectiveness of content and communications campaigns and sharing/reporting findings
- Providing guidance on available communications, data and analysis tools
- Research and identification of new innovations and trends in content creation and dissemination using digital platforms and making recommendations for adoption within the firm.
Website and social media
- Management of the firm’s website and social media channels, including planning content and updating existing content when necessary.
- Assisting in creating new content for the firm’s website and social media channels
- Providing analysis of data and recommendations to the Head of Communications for enhanced engagement of the firm’s online audience.
- Supporting protocols around the governance of the firm’s new intranet platform (Microsoft SharePoint and Live Tiles) Program will be updated from Live Tiles in coming months.
- • Assisting the firm’s intranet content authors to create engaging content through the provision of training and analysis about readership and engagement
Technical experience required
- Experience in the development and maintenance of effective digital channels.
- Experience in project managing important, complex communications projects.
- An excellent storyteller and writer.
- Video and audio production experience.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to lead and influence people.
- Knowledge and experience of key software programs including WordPress, SharePoint and the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro and InDesign) and ability to provide training as necessary.
- Have or develop an understanding of the legal profession and how law firms operate.
- Ability to manage relationships with third party suppliers and consultants as necessary.
- Maintain high professional standards of work.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy of content produced or reviewed.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting and recommendations.
- Provide a clear rationale for suggested actions.
- Take the initiative to seek future learning opportunities within reasonable budget.
- 3 – 5 years in a digital-focused marketing/communications role.
Qualifications and technical expertise required for the position
- Degree Qualified in Digital Communications and/or Marketing, or a relevant and/or related degree.
- Experience in professional services preferable, but not essential.