09 Jan Communications Manager – Cyber | Innovative Global Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1183601
- Join one of the fastest growing and most innovative global law firms
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced communications professional to work in a strategic and client facing capacity
- Truly flexible working policy and culture
With over 30 years’ experience across APAC and over 50 offices worldwide, our client is one of the world’s pre-eminent law firms.
The firm’s Sydney office currently has an exciting opportunity available for a communications specialist. This is a client facing, non-legal role aimed at helping clients develop and implement communications strategies, internally and externally, both before an incident happens and more critically, when an incident happens.
You will work closely with lawyers and other professionals to provide the absolute best solutions and outcomes to our clients.
The firm can be flexible around location, working hours, days and can consider arrangements based on your current circumstances and needs.
This is a broad ranging role that will see you:
- Engage on incidents from inception as part of the suite of services to clients under cyber attack.
- Assist clients formulate crisis communications strategies, and support the client in the roll out of those communications.
- Support clients with PR issues arising from incidents.
- Providing a consultancy service across multiple incidents to multiple clients at once.
- Provide calm, professional strategic advice to clients in stressful and, often upsetting, situations.
- Utilise strong media and other contacts.
- Draft press releases, briefing documents, blog / social media posts and media statements to the market responding to breaches
- Work to prepare / coach client spokespeople to effectively convey key messages, as required, in live broadcasts.
Key skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will be an effective relationship builder, and able to manage competing priorities. You must be highly organised, have a great attention to detail, deadline oriented, a logical and strategic thinker, and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Degree in public relations, journalism, advertising, commerce or other relevant discipline
- Interest in cyber and privacy related breaches is beneficial but not essential
- At least 5 years + experience gained from a public relations, communications, or media relations role.
- Proven ability to work with key senior stakeholders in a corporate environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Solid media contacts.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A solid understanding of technology and how it can be developed to create processes and automation in respect of PR.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the Dalton Handley team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.