14 Jun BD and Bid Consultant (Auckland) | World Leader in Engineering Consulting
Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Job ID: 1252357
- Support pursuit and bid management, driving real revenue
- Excel in an environment where hard work is recognised and celebrated
- Australasia focus with the opportunity to work with a high-performing team
Our client, one of the world’s leaders in the built environment, is looking for a driven, motivated and committed BD and Bid Consultant to join their regional team.
Based in Auckland, this role is responsible for winning work. You will manage pursuits and bids, and be part of broader BD and client initiatives that help achieve client success. This role works with Business Leaders and Client Relationship Managers to develop bespoke client offerings. Reporting into the Pursuits and Bids Manager, this is a highly rewarding, engaging and progressive role.
While anytime is a good time to join, now is particularly exciting. With a global refresh, our client is taking winning work to the next level. High-performing individuals will have the opportunity to excel in an environment where hard work is recognised and celebrated.
- Support multiple pursuits, bids and client material targeted at winning work. Pursuits and bids will vary in scale and complexity.
- Coordinate, author and review non-standard documentation for bids and pitches.
- Support on broad BD and client facing initiatives, including pitch presentations, client listening and interview preparation.
- Ensure all information required within the business meets internal and client deadlines and priorities.
- Coordinate client-specific opportunity pursuit and bid strategies.
- Keen learner with the desire to understanding the local industry, markets, clients and competitors.
- Ability to remain positive under tight time pressure.
Required skills and qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably in business, marketing or communications).
- Experience in bidding in professional services or a B2B environment; engineering preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Keen eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and work through ambiguity.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
- MS Dynamics CRM skills would be highly desirable.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.