19 Jun BD Events Manager | Leading Global Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1256683
- Join a globally leading law firm with a supportive and collaborative culture
- Act as a business partner in managing and developing quality and targeted events across Australia
- Lead the client experience and positively impact client relationships and firm revenue
Our client is a leading and global law firm with 50 offices and over 400 partners globally.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Events Manager is a key role in the Business Development team, creating, managing and executing the Australian firm’s calendar of client and internal events – ensuring a differentiated client experience and alignment to firm strategy.
- Manage the planning and delivery of a high volume of virtual, in-person and hybrid events for the Australian Practice to deliver powerful events and campaigns that positively impact client relationships and firm revenue.
- Event support to the APAC region when required.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Development team, Partners and other business units to deliver the yearly event calendar.
- All aspects of event management, including taking briefs, scoping, sharing knowledge, planning, administrative tasks, stakeholder management, event delivery and evaluation.
- Budget management.
- Provide a high-level of on-site and virtual support during events and seminars.
- Management of event guest lists in our client database, InterAction.
- Co-ordination and creation of collateral associated with events including invitations, brochures, signage, menus, name badges, seating plans and place cards.
- Liaise with relevant members of the client floor and office premises staff to ensure bookings, catering, AV requirements, signage etc. are delivered to the highest quality for all events.
- Research, source and recommend appropriate venues for events as required.
- Accurate and detailed reporting of event attendance and event feedback.
Skills and qualifications
- Over five years’ Event Management experience, ideally within a professional services organisation.
- Qualifications in a relevant field (i.e., event management, marketing, communications) and ideally an interest in creative design or digital technology.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills, and the energy and passion to drive new business initiatives, influence partners, and deliver and analyse results.
- A commercial and open mindset with the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of new opportunities and alternative solutions.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Hands-on experience in planning client events and workshops, with high client contact across all levels, including senior management.
- Experience with CRM, content management or design related systems useful (for example InterAction, Vuture, InDesign, SharePoint).
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Vicky Feros for further information and to apply.EMAIL VICKY