20 Dec Specialist Tax Business Development Manager | Leading Global Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1183656
- Fantastic opportunity to step into a specialist tax BD role and work alongside the division lead
- Responsible for winning work, managing key client relationships and bringing direct revenue into the business
- Global tier-1 leader with enviable reputation
- Initial 12-month contract
We are recruiting a tax specialist to lead all business development and client accounts in one of the worlds most highly regarded law firms. Working closely with the Australian head of tax and the broader practice group, you will deliver growth goals and provide expert advice around client growth, opportunities and sales pipeline.
The ideal candidate will combine professional services business development experience with tax advisory.
- Providing expert advice on the development and execution of the Australian tax go-to-market strategy.
- Project managing and executing key tax business development and marketing initiatives.
- Serving as a key member of the Australian Strategic Advisory and Australian BD teams and providing a link between tax and the rest of the firm.
- Acting as a strategic advisor and coach for Client Relationship Partners serving priority clients.
- Driving client and pursuit excellence for the tax group across key clients and pursuits.
Required skills and qualifications
- Previous experience in a professional services environment (eg, Big 4 accounting or law firm) with specific experience with tax matters or tax business development roles.
- Experience of managing and contributing to large panel pitches and significant tenders.
- Tertiary qualification in business, accounting/tax, law, marketing, communications or related field.
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client’s perspective into the frame.
- Understanding of the tax law and tax services offering, current or previous experience as a tax professional is considered favourably.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Gravitas, authority, diplomacy and strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong focus on execution.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with the BD and legal teams.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the Dalton Handley team for more information or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.