12 Jan Business Development Manager – Industrials Focused | Global Consulting Leader
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 835110
- Global strategy consulting firm with an entrepreneurial culture
- Work closely with the Head of Industrials in driving real value and revenue growth
- Sales and pursuits-focused with the ability to be client facing
- Fantastic opportunity to move out of legal
Dalton Handley is working with one of the world’s leading strategy consulting firms. Currently in a growth phase in Australia, our client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team focusing on the Industrials sector.
- Understand the firms approach to managing the sales pipeline and converting opportunities.
- Research and analyse industry and company information to identify and prioritise target accounts and individuals.
- Identify client business issues and needs and effectively match them to services.
- Work with Partners to develop a sales strategy to penetrate senior leadership within target accounts (i.e. designing new and creative approaches to gain access to target companies/key individuals and ensure appropriate visibility at Board level).
- Drive strategic pursuits across industry and service lines, working closely with consultants.
- Manage the pitch process, providing challenge and support to the pitch team, and contribute to the development of written proposals.
- Manage knowledge sharing, working alongside consultants to identify and use key deal information in future proposals and marketing activities.
- Identify strategic trends in Industrials sub-sectors to inform sector points of view and marketing programs.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns, including thought leadership, events, articles, social media and PR.
- Manage key client relationships through strategic client planning, pursuits and presentations.
Required skills and qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- 3-6 years’ experience in business development, strategy, research, communications and/or marketing in professional services.
- Tangible income generation evidence / the ability to drive value-adding business conversations with clients.
- Relevant industry experience in Industrials (metals, mining, energy, industrial services, O&G, agribusiness, construction, building & construction materials, etc.) will be advantageous.
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the consulting market.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills – with senior staff, consultants and business development colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- High level of attention to detail and strong client focus.
- Professional, proactive, creative, good humoured and enthusiastic approach to all work and interactions.
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure.
For more information, please contact Vicky Feros for further information and to apply.EMAIL VICKY