20 Dec Head of Business Development Australia | Clyde & Co
Managed exclusively by Dalton Handley
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1164933
- Join one of the most innovative and highly regarded, entrepreneurial global law firms
- Inherit a fantastic national team; a high performing and close knit group of talented BDs
- Truly flexible working policy and culture
- An outstanding opportunity for a strong and senior BDM or qualified Head-Of
With over 30 years’ experience across APAC and over 50 offices worldwide, Clyde & Co is one of the world’s pre-eminent insurance law firms. Understanding the importance of people, Clyde & Co supports individual growth and development, allowing them to attract and retain high-performing individuals.
A forward-thinking firm with impressive revenue growth, Clyde & Co is highly successful and is continuing to rapidly expand globally across their core sectors of insurance, transport, energy, infrastructure and trade & commodities.
Not afraid to bring challenging new perspectives to the table way beyond the traditional realm of professional services, they empower their clients with a diverse range of ideas, tools and technology to make their lives easier, as well as delivering exceptional results, every time.
As a result of continued growth and natural attrition, Clyde & Co is seeking a Head of BD for Australia to join their dynamic and progressive team and work alongside commercially astute, BD savvy and client centric partners.
The Head of BD Australia will lead and deliver the strategic business development, client, sector and marketing strategies across Australia to grow and build business.
As a truly global and financially integrated law firm, this role will work closely with Clyde & Co offices around the world to drive world-class BD strategies.
Working closely with the Head of BD APAC, the Australian Managing Partner, COO, Group Heads and the Leadership team, we are looking for a natural leader with excellent relationship management skills to drive growth and best practice across all Australian offices with a focus on leading, coaching and managing a high-performing BD team.
This role is responsible for developing and enabling the firm’s strategic business development and marketing direction in collaboration with the Managing Partner, Group Heads and fellow Leadership Team members in relation to:
- Lead, coach and manage the Australian BD team of six while effectively delivering on Clyde & Co’s business objectives across Australia and APAC.
- Work closely with the Head of BD APAC, the Australian Managing Partner, COO and partners to build, refine and execute a BD strategy that will achieve the firms’ emerging and growth objectives. This includes BD planning, marketing campaigns, communications strategies and reporting.
- Develop and execute key client and sector strategies, working closely with the Senior BDMs and BDMs to achieve success.
- Have strategic oversight for key opportunities and pursuits whilst providing both strategic and hands-on input on client material, bids and tenders, content and presentations.
- Develop and implement a business-wide client experience (CX) program and activities to develop greater engagement with current and prospective clients.
- Review and recommend pricing and revenue improvement activities, working closely with finance to identify creative pricing models.
- Provide leadership and coaching to already high performing partners, including around sales tactics, client management, lead generation, brand positioning and reputation management.
- Set and sensibly manage the BD budget to ensure appropriate expenditure and suitable return on investment.
- Bring best practice and create internal efficiencies through business process improvement, processes, technology, systems and infrastructure, working closely with the APAC Marketing Operations Senior Manager.
- Lead and drive marketing and communications strategies (across social, content, PR, digital, events, partnerships and sponsorships) to enhance the firm brand reputation with clients and as an employer of choice in Australia, including working with the APAC Senior Manager Communications.
- Relevant business, marketing or communications degree with extensive work experience in a similar professional services environment.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a national team, whilst managing and coaching others.
- Sound understanding professional services business development, client growth and marketing theory and related concepts/structures/activities.
- Demonstrable experience in leading high performing teams, attracting and retaining talent, and enhancing the skills of individuals where required.
- Proven experience in working with business areas and practice groups to progress BD, marketing and CRM-specific strategies and activities.
- Be business fluent and financially conversant, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be an effective team-player and have highly developed interpersonal skills, including confidence, positivity, diplomacy and the ability to gain credibility quickly.
- Strategic hands-on approach with the ability to direct others.
- Strong project management and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities at any one time.
- Driven, highly organised and outcomes focused.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a calm demeanour.
- Commercially astute with proven ability to innovate and apply new ideas that achieve results.
If you are an ambitious professional services leader in search of a career defining opportunity with a successful, respected and rapidly growing law firm, we would love to hear from you. For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.