20 Dec Business Development Manager – Cyber | Innovative Global Law Firm
Location: Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1186796
- Join one of the fastest growing and most innovative global law firms
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced BD professional to drive strategy in the Cyber group
- Truly flexible working policy and culture
With over 30 years’ experience across APAC and over 50 offices worldwide, our client is one of the world’s pre-eminent law firms.
An exciting BD Manager opportunity has come up in their dedicated cyber practice, the largest cyber practice in Australia.
Working closely alongside the team’s Senior Business Development Manager, the role will involve developing a deep understanding of the cyber risk practice, having a positive, solution focused attitude which focuses on using initiative and taking ownership of key responsibilities to ensure effective completion. To support the rapid expansion of the team, the ability to create and implement strong systems and processes is critical to this role.
- Develop a deep understanding of the cyber risk practice and the market in which it operates, as well as the local, regional and global priorities so you can proactively lead initiatives.
- Support the development, drive and execution of the business development, client relationship management and marketing plans and activities in line with the global and local cyber business plan.
- Use your creative skills to ‘think outside the box’ to initiate initiatives to win new business and grow existing client relationships, then use your leaderships skills to execute effectively.
- Implement profiling opportunities (including media and speaking engagements), campaigns and marketing initiatives aligned with business priorities to bring the product to life.
- Assemble content and draft presentations, collateral, lawyer CVs, infographics, digital content, newsletters, articles, social media activity, pitch playbooks, deals databases, legal directory submissions and any other key content and tools for the practice.
- Plan, draft and deliver succinct and tailored capability statements, pitches and formal tender responses.
- Work with the Events team to organise tailored events and webinars to deepen connections with clients and profile the practice, as well as manage business development trips.
- Demonstrate a ‘global mindset’, with the ability to think across industries and work with other BD managers to enable client collaboration and the cross pollination of best-practice ideas and approaches.
- Assist and respond to client queries on behalf of the team in a professional manner.
- Manage the client aspect of team’s practice management platform and client portal content, and effectively track initiatives, communicate and report internally.
- Use the firm’s client relationship management databases, InterAction and Vuture, to manage our client data base and lists, campaigns and reports, and ad hoc client research.
- Maintain client data and contact lists, including working with secretaries and the BD Assistant to ensure lists are accurate, post campaign cleaning and records updated as required.
Required skills and qualifications
- 5+ years BD or marketing experience, preferably in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Qualifications in a relevant field (i.e. commerce, business, marketing, law, communications or similar) and a proven ability in quantitative fields.
- Demonstrated innovation and creative problem-solving abilities, with strong project management skills and the ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment.
- Strong people skills, and the energy and passion to drive new business initiatives, influence partners, and deliver and analyse results.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- A strong customer-centric approach – you are always thinking about how our clients interact with the brand and what we can do to improve their experience.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technology and work proficiently in Microsoft Office 2010, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the Dalton Handley team for more information or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.