09 May Business Development Manager – Corporate | Market leading tier-1 global law Firm
Locations: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1112231
- Join one of the best law firms in the world
- Be a member of the most sophisticated business development function in the market
- Work with and learn from high performing, talented and switched on BD team members and partners
- Support the most prominent, high performing groups within the firm
- Excellent agile working environment
Our client, a tier-1 global law firm and powerhouse in the industry, in known for its strength in leadership, both in BD and within the partnership, it’s supportive culture and highly sophisticated and well resourced business development function has an exciting opportunity for an established BD Manager to lead BD efforts for the Corporate group in Sydney.
As a Business Development Manager, Corporate you will help to develop and support the delivery of the Corporate practice group and sector’s strategy in Australia; grow profitable revenue and improve the practice and sector’s brand and market position.
Day-to-day you will:
- Work with partners to provide strategic and tactical support in the development and execution of group and individual business development strategy and strategic priorities.
- Lead workstreams/s for particular national strategic priorities as identified by RHoP and Head of Products.
- Work alongside Corporate Sydney Section Head and Corporate Sydney Management team to support to the Sydney practice on specific Sydney focused BD activities and initiatives as needed.
- Contribute to the preparation of pitch and bid documents, either leading the pitch process for Corporate clients/matters or contributing the Corporate component to firm-wide pitches.
- Act as Client Relationship Manager for priority firm or practice clients as identified through the Client Portfolio Strategy. Work with the CRPs to develop, grow and maintain relationships with nominated clients.
- Work with partners, client and sectors BD leads to identify opportunities and facilitate pursuits.
- Lead and contribute to marketing and profile-raising activities for the Corporate practice including management and preparation of directory submissions, awards submissions and BD events (working with the Events team). Also work with Brand, Marketing and Communications team to identify and develop marketing and profile raisings strategies including content and thought leadership.
- Support and Coach partners and up and coming talent in the development of their practice
- Collaborate effectively with other BD team members regionally and globally as necessary to achieve the group and the firm’s BD objectives.
Skills & experience:
To be successful in this position you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in business development manager role with a particular focus on strategic selling, pursuits management, account management and relationship building preferably within a professional services environment.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of the different practice areas, sectors and markets within Corporate is desirable. Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the overall business of Corporate essential.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying opportunities, building strategic relationships and networks internally and with clients, managing clients and pursuing new business.
- Project management skills as well as experience in managing major bids.
- Demonstrated sound organisational, planning and project administration skills.
- Ability to confidently communicate and deal with partners, managers, staff and clients at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders whilst maintaining a firm first approach with decision making.
The Business development team works alongside our partners and lawyers across our sectors, services and offices to support and develop our relationships with clients, delivering an exceptional service and exploring new avenues through which can help them meet their business needs. The brand, marketing and digital team help position the firm as thought leaders amongst target markets in the areas the firm wants to be most known for, by creating intuitive and engaging collateral, events and campaigns.
As part of the business development team, you will play a hands-on role in contributing to the firm’s success and helping to achieve its objectives. This could be as one of our business development professionals, coaching partners on relationship building, or building the brand as one of our marketing, design or events professionals.
If you’re a commercially minded individual with a passion for business development and improving the client experience in a professional services environment, you could be just what we’re looking for.
What the firm offers:
- Our client values value flexibility. For most roles, people work an average of 60% of the time in the office, taking into consideration individual, team, client and learning needs.
- To continue to support their staff working from home as a part of Agile 60, the firm offers an allowance for home office furniture as well as IT equipment.
- The firm recognise that the success of their business and their clients relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all their people. The firm is dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for their clients and they value empathy, simplicity and commerciality.
- The firm offers 26 weeks paid parental leave, which includes superannuation on both paid and unpaid parental leave up to 52 weeks. Their policy applies to parents regardless of gender, subject to six months of continuous employment at HSF.
- At this firm, you will be part of a diverse, innovative culture where high performance, client focus, and highly engaged people are their differentiator. They strive to ensure that that their inclusive environment means you feel valued and able to perform at your best by being your authentic self at work. The firm knows that their future success not only depends on being innovative and progressive in the changing legal market but, most importantly, on their people feeling highly engaged in meaningful work.
- People join the firm to develop their careers and themselves. To support this our client provides contemporary tailored learning programs, regular career conversations and a culture of feedback.
If you are an ambitious professional services marketer in search of a career defining opportunity, or if you would simply like to know more about current market trends including salary levels, please get in touch by contacting Vicky Feros or Charles Handley for further information and to apply.