22 Jan Business Development Manager – Australia | Global Innovative Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 949121
- Lead BD activities across Australia, working closely with the APAC and Middle East teams
- Drive activities to grow the firm’s profile and win work from existing and new clients
- International role
- 12-month initial contract
With a focus on cross border transactions, strong client relationships, practical problem solving and a deep understanding of client issues; our client is a world leader in legal services. We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join the team in Sydney and manage all BD activities across Australia. This role will work directly with the Australian partners and closely with the wider Asia Pacific and Middle East BD teams.
- Business Development: Support the Australia based partners with business development planning, client targeting and research, and implementation of those plans.
- Client Relationship Management: Serve as the lead business development team member on one or two key clients. This involves serving as the client liaison, asking for feedback where appropriate, and taking the lead in developing actionable client development plans and drafting relationship reports for the client.
- Opportunity Spotting: Monitor client activity, news coverage and other developments to identify opportunities to build business in Australia.
- Business Proposals: Work closely with partners to manage all aspects of the proposal process including: opportunity identification and assessment; formulation of proposal strategies; client and competitor research; developing key messages and compelling value propositions; pricing analysis and modelling; and where appropriate undertaking proposal debriefs with clients.
- Research: Directing aspects of client and competitor research across the region to facilitate timely opportunity identification and efficient assessment of relationship development and pitching leads.
- Profile Raising: Working with the partners and media relations team to identify and pursue profile raising opportunities, including article placement and coordinating media interviews.
- Event Management: Plan and execute a broad range of events including panel and speaking engagements, substantive seminars and conferences, social events and receptions.
- Social Media: Help raise the firm profile on social media working with the global marketing and communications team.
- Collateral Management: Assist in updating and maintaining a full suite of marketing collateral, including office and practice profiles, brochures and PowerPoint presentations.
- Directory and Award Submissions: Draft and coordinate legal directory and award submissions.
- Information Maintenance: Ensure that key information systems such as the website, credentials database, experience database, and InterAction contacts database are kept up-to-date.
- Ad-hoc projects: Assisting with special projects as required.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in business administration, marketing or law.
- 5+ years’ experience in a business development role, preferably within professional services.
- A thorough understanding of proposal management and lead generation.
- Ability to analyse financial and technical information to develop options and make recommendations for dealing with challenging commercial issues.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, with the skills to prioritise and handle a number of concurrent projects, under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence at the senior level and strong organisational abilities.
- Outstanding attention to detail, including exceptional proofreading skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to perform under pressure, independently and as part of a wider regional team.
- Consistent positive attitude with a “can do” mentality.
- The ability to work flexibly and in a diverse, cross-border, cross-cultural team is essential.
- Proven discretion and trust in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Vicky Feros for further information and to apply.EMAIL VICKY