18 Dec BD Manager – Bank Clients & Industry | Global Consulting Firm
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1320919
- Join a leading, global consulting firm
- Manage priority banking clients and industry across APAC
- Be part of a truly global, innovative and progressive firm
Our client, one of the world’s largest and most innovative consulting firms, is known for its dynamic, forward-thinking and inspiring culture. The BD team focuses on our client experience, driving campaigns, leveraging client insights, and managing strategic initiatives to service our client’s needs.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed Business Development Manager to join our clients’ global Business Development team based in Australia. The role will be responsible for managing the Australian priority banking clients, APAC coordination across some of the key global priority clients, as well as supporting aspects of the Bank Industry strategy across Australia working alongside the Bank Industry Chairs, Client Relationship Partners, Client Relationship Managers as well as the Senior BDM Bank Clients and Industry (APAC) and Client Centre of Excellence Lead.
This role is responsible for supporting the Bank Industry clients in Australia. The role will report into the Bank Senior Business Development Manager and work in conjunction with the firm’s Bank Industry Chairs and Bank client teams.
This is a market, client and partner facing role, with responsibilities cross the entire BD and marketing mix, including CRM, industry strategy, go-to-market pursuits and Bank Industry growth initiatives.
Client Relationship Management
- CRM responsibility for some of the firm’s leading Bank Industry clients, including direct client engagement and hands on client management.
- Working with partner teams to set client strategy, objectives, targets, cross-selling opportunities, and monitoring and reporting upon progress.
- Analysing existing and new client relationships to identify and drive opportunities.
- Leveraging Banks Industry knowledge and best practice to support the other priority bank clients teams.
- Working with the broader client teams to consolidate client listening feedback, trends and actions across Bank Industry clients.
- Assisting the partners in developing new business through pitching strategies and opportunity generation (working with the practice and bid teams).
- Working with internal teams for quality oversight and process improvement of client reporting and panel obligations, including secondments.
- Continually improving processes and integrated solutions for cross-selling across clients, markets and industries.
- Assist coordinate events and entertainment which will meet objectives outlines in client relationship plans and Bank industry plans.
- Contributing to the development of best practice toolkits and training programmes to elevate the execution of client relationship management.
- Managing and reporting on BD budgets, and data for the Bank Industry and clients.
- Working with the Bank Senior BD Manager and Bank Industry Chairs to support aspects of the overarching industry strategy and plans.
- Supporting market messaging, our approach to industry thought leadership, industry associations and profile raising initiatives across the Industry.
- Proactively tracking client and industry news and trends to identify revenue generation opportunities.
Required skills and qualifications
- Business Development experience – ideally within in a law firm, professional services environment and/or in industry.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing large projects and opportunities.
- Experience with external clients and attending client relationship meetings.
- Knowledge and experience of managing budgets.
- Experience in managing the delivery of commercial thought leadership initiatives.
- Determination and commitment to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and written skills.
- Lateral thinking and the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Team player and strong influencer.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at email@example.com or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.