19 Jul BD Executive or Manager | Global Consulting Practice
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1258096
- Join a leading, global consulting practice
- Drive practice strategy, working directly with Partners
- Be part of a truly global, innovative and progressive firm
Our client, one of the world’s largest and most innovative consulting firms, is known for its dynamic, forward-thinking and inspiring culture.
The BD Executive or Manager will develop and execute business development, bid management, marketing, and innovation initiatives relating to the practice’s strategy, as well as key opportunities with major clients. This role will be responsible for leading and driving BD activities for the Consulting team in line with the national strategy and in support of the Sales Campaigns Manager.
- Manage and coach teams in the development of winning strategies, with a client centric approach to develop key messages highlighting the value proposition and consulting’s unique differentiation in market.
- Refine and/or prepare tailored pitch and other client-facing materials.
- Build and develop relationships with partners to raise the profile of BD and ultimately become a trusted adviser and their go-to for BD activities.
- Proactively look for Consulting opportunities, both internally and externally and be a connector across the business.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of marketing materials.
- Co-ordinate the production and distribution of divisional thought leadership initiatives and look for opportunities for topical seminars, unique events and PR initiatives.
- Provide project management support across the entire opportunity pursuit process.
- Work closely with your manager to implement strategic BD&M initiatives and pursue major client opportunities.
- Conduct client listening on matters, pitches and relationship reviews as needed.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Required skills and qualifications
- Previous experience in a professional services BD environment (3-5+ years’ experience).
- Tertiary qualification in business or related relevant field is desirable.
- Collaborative, team-orientated approach with demonstrated experience of going the extra mile.
- An innovative mind-set and a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your colleagues, work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication – able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard, with an excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability prioritise strategically, work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities.
- Commercial and client centric approach.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading engineering, legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team at email@example.com or call +61 2 8042 7970.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.