20 Dec BD Assistant or Executive – Canberra | Global Innovative Law Firm
Location: Canberra, Australia | Job ID: 1145535
- Leading international law firm with the opportunity to be involved in regional initiatives
- Join a high-performing team and a collaborative culture
- Be involved in a broad range of BD, marketing and communications initiatives
One of the world’s most esteemed law firms, our client has recently embarked on a period of strategic change within their business development and marketing function at a global level.
Reporting to an experienced Senior Manager, this opportunity would suit a driven candidate with the desire to further build their BD and client experience.
- Support the preparation of proposals, quotes and credentials statements, often to very tight deadlines.
- Coordinate and project manage client seminars, events and meetings as well as firm sponsorships, using the firm’s established procedures and processes.
- Liaise with practice teams, other support service teams and outside contractors and venues in the planning, organisation and delivery of events and conferences.
- Provide support on submissions to relevant legal directories.
- Support the preparation and distribution of client publications and communications.
- Provide client and contract administration support, ensuring that the firm meets the obligations of its contracts with the Commonwealth Government.
- Maintain Commonwealth client contact database and the firm’s Commonwealth Government intranet site.
- Provide support to the BD team and assist on other local or practice area projects as they arise.
Required skills and qualifications
- Previous experience in a professional services or business to business sales/development environment (experience in Canberra desirable).
- Tertiary qualification in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- CRM and events management software experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage interactions with peers and internal clients – especially under deadline pressure.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with other support teams across the firm.
- Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ability to deal directly with clients and client representatives where appropriate for firm events.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vicky Feros for further information and to apply.EMAIL VICKY