08 Sep Snr Mgr/Head of Business Development | Growing National Law Firm | 4 days per week considered
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1014664
- Join a rapidly growing and ambitious law firm offering excellent work-life balance
- Lead a well-resourced team including dedicated tender support
- Strategic focus; coach and advise BD savvy partners
- Suited to a 2IC in a mid-tier firm or senior manager in a larger firm looking for their first leadership role
One of Australia’s leading specialist litigation and disputes firm is partnering with Dalton Handley to search for a talented business development and marketing leader to drive the firm’s growth to the next level.
With ambitious partners who are truly invested in business development, client relationships and overall business growth, the firm has tripled in size in just over a decade, with offices in every mainland state servicing the whole country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to take on their first leadership role with an ambitious and growing firm. You will have the opportunity to make a significant difference in an intellectually stimulating and high performing environment whilst enjoying a collaborative culture and work-life balance.
For a firm of its size, the Business Development and Marketing function at this growing firm is already well resourced, demonstrating the Partners’ commitment to growth. In this role, you will be charged with evaluating and enhancing BD and marketing capability, systems and processes. You’ll take the lead in proactively driving ambitious growth plans as well as developing and guiding the existing BD and marketing team.
Working closely with the Executive Leadership team, key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing leadership and coaching for internal stakeholders through the provision of light touch directional support/coaching to already high performing partners, through to driving increased business development activity for those partners in build mode
- Professional development of other key stakeholders, such as fee earners on track to become partner
- Maintain and leverage up to date knowledge of competitor practices and market opportunities, proactively positioning opportunities to partners with strategic pursuit plans and actions
- Day to day business planning, client relationship management planning; drive relationship mapping process to leverage key opportunities and coordinate internal efforts
- Planning/preparation for development of relationships with key stakeholders in 12 months before important panels with existing clients (retention) and target clients (acquisition)
- Evaluating the strategic direction for best practice and innovative RFI submissions to enhance an already strong bid win-rate and streamline processes
- Take strategic oversight for tenders and pursuit of key opportunities whilst providing both strategic and hands-on input
- Leading, managing and developing a high performing team
- Lead development of content, PR, social media, digital, events and partnership marketing strategies to enhance firm brand reputation with clients and as an employer of choice
Skills and experience required
- 7+ years’ experience in business development within professional services, with a strong preference for legal services experience
- Proven experience (ideal but not essential) in supporting the growth of small to medium-sized national firms with strong growth ambitions and trajectories
- Strong stakeholder manager with the ability to build relationships and professionally challenge, coach and advise senior partners.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Charles Handley on +61 2 8042 7970 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalton Handley is an international recruitment company dedicated to sourcing business development, marketing and communications talent for professional services firms across Australia with key alliance partner recruitment companies in Asia and the United Kingdom. For more information visit www.daltonhandley.com.