30 Apr PR and Media Manager | Global Professional Services Firm
Location: Melbourne or Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 849006
- Join a high performing, well regarded team at this global firm
- Work with some of the most senior and influential partners in the business
- Opportunity for an ambitious adviser/executive to step up, or an experienced manager to step across
- Work directly with the Australian Head of Communications and collaborate with the global team
Our client is one of the most highly regarded professional services firms in the world. Known for their incredible team of partners across a variety of practice areas, the BD, marketing and communications team are also famed as one of the most sophisticated in the Australian market.
Working closely with the External Communications Lead, Australia, and other members of the local and international External and Internal Communications teams and the Business Development team, the External Communications Manager will have responsibility for the following:
- Develop and deliver tailored, targeted communications and PR initiatives which will enhance and maintain the reputation of the firm, its partners and your allocated practice areas;
- Proactively develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships between partners and relevant target media;
- Enhance the internal reputation of the external communications team in Australia and beyond; and
- Proactively foster productive & beneficial relationships with other communications professionals around the world.
- Develop and implement strategic, targeted and integrated communications and PR plans for allocated industry focus groups and practice groups, and for other projects and initiatives as required by the business.
- Internal stakeholder engagement: develop and foster strong relationships, particularly with BD professionals, other communications professionals, and partners of allocated industry and practice groups.
- Proactivity: generate positive spokesperson commentary opportunities and media coverage for allocated industry focus and practice groups in alignment with their respective BD, marketing & communications plans.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to reactive media enquiries/commentary opportunities.
- Implement PR initiatives to proactively showcase and capitalise on the firm’s cross-border/international achievements.
- Share items of relevant media coverage with internal stakeholders in a timely and informative fashion.
- Support BD professionals by reviewing and submitting firm-supported industry award submissions which will best position practice and industry groups in a competitive market environment
- Draft firm-supported industry award submissions which will best position the firm and the firm’s leaders.
- With other communications team members, manage external communications activity around the firm’s league table and awards results.
- Proactively develop and foster solid, mutually beneficial relationships with key target media.
- Leverage all external communications/PR activity via the firm’s social media platforms.
- Actively share useful, relevant and interesting content, messages, and profiling opportunities with local and international BD and communications colleagues.
- Manage advertising and paid editorial requests as appropriate.
- Prepare written materials to a high standard, including media releases, social media posts, briefing notes and key messages
- Provide reports and evaluations on activity, as required.
- Work with the External Communications Lead, Australia, to interpret the firm’s global external communications strategy, and deliver an aligned external communications plan for Australia
- Working with the External Communications Lead, Australia, provide communications support for strategic projects as determined by the ARX.
- Issues and reputation management support, in conjunction with the External Communications Lead, Australia, and Global Head of External Communications, as required
To be considered, candidates should present with
- A degree in public relations, journalism, advertising, commerce or other relevant discipline.
- 6+ years’ experience in a public relations, external communications or media relations role working for a high profile private or listed organisation.
- Experience in a professional services environment would be well regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering solid communications advice and guidance to key senior stakeholders in a corporate environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to gain trust, and to influence a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding relationship-building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong communications strategy development experience with demonstrated tactical success.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Charles Handley on +61 2 8042 7970 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.