30 Apr Business Development Manager | Alternative Legal Services – Technology and Innovation
Location: Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 847192
- Exciting newly created opportunity within a technology and innovation driven environment at a global professional services business
- Broad ranging strategic role supporting the rapid growth of an exciting service line, backed by a globally renowned brand
- Work with a range of high calibre individuals across the broader BD, marketing and client teams to leverage their relationships, knowledge and success
Our client is a leading global professional services business, known for having some of the most successful, well-regarded and talented fee earners and BD professionals in the Asia Pacific region. At the forefront of legal service delivery innovation, this firm have invested heavily in providing new efficient, truly innovative and cost effective service offerings for their clients.
A newly created BD position to partner with the firms alternative legal services practice, a hub of innovation in service delivery and technology charged with disrupting the rapidly evolving legal services industry by offering innovative solutions, has arisen for a forward thinking and ambitious BD.
- Relationship building and internal profiling
- Partnering with leaders to prepare and implement client plans, business plans, and BD strategy
- Working with fee earners to develop their personal BD plans, in alignment with the wider strategy
- Managing pitches in line with client needs
- Working with the Client Relationship Management team to keep abreast of client needs and proactively identify business opportunities
- Productising current offering to introduce products/services to selected targets
- Liaising with the Brand and Marketing team to define and articulate the brand, including development marketing collateral, client events, online presence, and relevant legal directory submissions.
This role wold suit an ambitious manager seeking the next step in their legal BD and client development career, or an already experienced senior manager seeking an opportunity to work in an exciting, client focused role at a highly successful and growing global law firm.
- You’ll have demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships, managing clients and pursuing new business opportunities. You’ll bring well-developed persuasive and diplomacy skills with the ability to constructively challenge as needed. You’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar) in relevant area preferred.
- 5 to 10 years’ of business development/marketing experience in a corporate or partnership environment preferred, preferably with knowledge and experience of alternative legal services, although will consider candidates with less experience providing they meet the required competencies.
- Experience of leading pitching opportunities in a global professional services environment.
- Sales focused mind-set with a demonstrable desire to win profitable work.
- Strong project management skills. Sound organisational, planning and project administrative skills. Experience of managing key client events preferable.
For a more information including a detailed job description, please contact please get in contact with Charles Handley on +61 2 8042 7970 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Dalton Handley is an international recruitment company dedicated to sourcing business development, marketing and communications talent for professional services firms across Australia with key alliance partner recruitment companies in Asia and the United Kingdom. For more information visit www.daltonhandley.com.