19 Oct Senior Business Development Manager | 2IC Role | Leading Law Firm | Potential Part-time
Location: Brisbane, Australia | Job ID: 1305454
- Join a high performing team at a highly regarded national law firm
- Work closely as the 2IC to the Business Development & Marketing Director whilst mentoring the team
- Opportunity for an ambitious Manager to take the next step
One of Australia’s most successful national law firms with an enviable client base, high-performing partners, and talented BD and Marketing team, our client has continued to perform strongly during today’s challenging economic climate.
This senior and prominent role will develop and implement strategic client-focused and market-focused strategies to achieve practice and sector group growth objectives.
Working closely with the Business Development & Marketing Director in the Brisbane Head Office, this role will be charged with developing and implementing a range of sector and practice groups initiatives.
- Developing and implementing strategic and innovative business development and pursuit plans for partners and groups
- Developing strategic priority client plans and managing those accounts alongside partners
- Coaching partners to engage with clients and prospects, and senior solicitors on their career development path toward Partner
- Project managing bids and pitches including pre-tender positioning, client and market research, opportunity qualification, approach formulation, drafting and tender debriefs in conjunction with the Bids Co-ordinator to deliver high-quality bid documents
- Measure, report and assess the effectiveness of BD opportunities including identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in BD activities
- Working closely with the marketing and communications focused team members to:
- Implement strategic profile-raising activities and deliver events in line with BD and key client plans.
- Identify key industry association memberships and sponsorships to support the BD plans for the Practice groups and industry sectors under your management.
- 7+ years’ experience at Manager level in business development within legal or professional services
- Proven track record of success in developing and delivering high-quality pursuit plans
- Strength in project managing and delivering high-quality bids and pitches
- Proven experience in developing and delivering on strategic client plans
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent literacy and communication skills.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Charles Handley on +61 2 8042 7970 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
D: +61 2 8042 7970