29 Mar Senior Business Development Manager | Tier-1 Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1089276
- Truely top-tier law firm and practice group
- Suited to senior manager level candidates and ambitious managers seeking progression
- Manage and mentor junior team members
- Join a large, well-resourced, sophisticated and highly collaborative team
- Potential to work 4 days – excellent flexible working policy
This truly top-tier law firm is known for it’s market-leading, client-centric partners and the highly collaborative, well-resourced, sophisticated and stable business development function that supports them. A prominent and senior role leading business development and client growth activities for a major practice group whilst contributing to the management and mentorship of the broader BD team, has arisen in Sydney.
Role responsibilities include
- Setting practice strategy and priorities with partners, working with relevant corporate services team members and driving implementation.
- Identifying areas for cross practice and sector collaboration and executing accordingly.
- Playing a client relationship management role with appropriate clients, including coaching on and advocating the CRM tools available.
- Conducting client feedback (relationship, matter and tender feedback) to continually improve our service offering and to gain further insights into client’s business.
- Coaching secondees prior and post placement.
- Encouraging the sharing of client intelligence, lessons learned and best practice BD across the firm.
- With support of your direct reports, maintenance of client lists to ensure marketing and BD efforts are targeted.
- Driving implementation of the practice priorities including pursuing growth opportunities.
- Leveraging networks to generate leads.
- Coaching Partners and Managing Associates to execute their business plans.
- Identifying and leading strategy pursuits of clients and deal opportunities.
- Implementing business development initiatives, including integrated campaigns.
- With the Marketing team, identifying events, publishing, media and speaking opportunities and providing partners and lawyers with support in pursuing these opportunities.
- Understanding the market and staying across client and competitor activity and sharing insights.
- Preparation, project management and contribution to tenders.
- Coaching lawyers and PAs in contributing to the tender process.
- With support from your direct reports, managing the collection of capability information for the group (for inclusion in tenders and pitches) and maintenance of tender infrastructure and identifying ways to continuously improve the tender process.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior team members and identifying ways to support their career growth.
- Experience working in a professional services firm or other corporate organisation with complex stakeholder management
- Experience in strategy development and a strong track record of coaching teams to implement strategy and priorities
- Ability to identify opportunities and strong pipeline management skills
- Experience developing and implementing business development initiatives to support revenue growth
- An understanding of client experience and an ability to align business development activities to deliver exceptional client experience
- Experience leading and managing tenders
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong people management skills and/or an ability to mentor
- A background working closely with communications, digital and events teams to design and deliver marketing and communication strategy in a B2B environment
- A client and solutions focused individual who is highly collaborative and able to work effectively in teams
- Strong project management skills
- Well-developed research and organisation skills, ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities, good attention detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commercially astute, strong stakeholder influencing skills and ability to quickly understand strategy and translate it through execution.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0499 956 666 for further information.