05 Mar Senior Bid Executive | Leading Global Law Firm
Location: Canberra, Australia | Job ID: 953758
- Fantastic opportunity to join a high performing global leader
- Excellent career progression with the opportunity to drive real revenue
- Lead bid responses for the most significant and strategic projects across the firm
We are working with the world’s most advanced law firm, with a focus on client excellence, high-performance and results. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the bids team and drive revenue into the business, working alongside experienced partners and BD colleagues.
- Lead the bid process for Commonwealth Government and other large, medium or strategic government tenders, proposals and quotes to ensure best practice bid responses are develop for individual client requirements
- Receive the tender documentation and work with lead partner and other bid response team members to ‘kick-off’ the response process
- Work with Fee-earners and BD team members to define the bid strategy with a clear value proposition and win themes for critical and strategic bids
- Managing the end-to-end bid process for Commonwealth Government and other government bids within the Global Bid team working collaboratively with all members of the firm
- Manage internal compliance and conflicts clearance processes with relevant teams
- Assist with pricing development
- Lead the writing, reviewing, compilation, proof reading and amendment support to bid responses
- Monitor and promote bid best practice regarding writing style and tone while being compliant to individual client bid requirements or restrictions and lead partner guidance
- Support the Head of Bids to deliver all bid activity at the highest standards of quality and excellence
- Support bid client research, stakeholder briefings and reports, and win/loss debriefs on major and complex bids
- Contribute to the design of graphical elements for written proposals, such as operating models, value propositions and complex themes
- Provide critical support for the firm’s preferred Bid technology for the creation and delivery of bids and support the tracking of bid data
- Contribute to the firm’s content management strategy by developing and writing leading content for our content library
- Monitor usage of written content through our bid technology and draft content to fill content gaps
- Analyse bid response feedback against written responses to support the improvement of overall quality, win rates, activity and spot to trends.
- Risk and control: ensure all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Required skills and qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably English or other arts/humanities degree).
- Experience of having worked in the professional services sector, a partnership or other complex, global environment.
- Excellent bid management capability.
- Experience with government procurement and developing winning government bid strategies
- Excellent organisational abilities and time management.
- Exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies, i.e. strong proofreading skills.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Good communication skills and adaptable to different working styles of lead partners and other stakeholders
- Self-motivated; comfortable working autonomously to deliver the objectives of the role with limited day-to-day supervision
- Team player, with a strong service ethic and a desire to add value to the firm by improving the quality and usability of bid content
- Keen eye for detail and design, able to improve the visual impact and aesthetic properties of proposal materials.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Lauren Jansen for further information and to apply.EMAIL LAUREN