07 Dec Senior Bid Executive | Global Law Firm | Highly Sophisticated and Proactive Bidding Function
Location: Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1051635
- Tier-1 global law firm
- Brisbane location preferred
- Opportunity to develop your skills as part of a sophisticated function
- Join a large and growing team offering strong career development prospects
- 12-month initial contract
An exciting opportunity to join the centralised bidding team has arisen with a tier-1 global law firm. With an outstanding reputation for understanding their clients and providing exceptional client service at a global level of, this firm has a sophisticated and high performing MCBD and Client Development, held in high regard by the Partnership and more broadly across the firm.As Senior Bid Executive in the Bidding function, you will be responsible for providing critical bid support for the end-to-end bid process. An integral part of the global bid team, you will lead the development of bid responses in collaboration with the global bid team, business development and other stakeholders by developing leading and persuasive bid content for each requirement.
Reporting directly to the Head of Bids, Asia-Pacific, role responsibilities will include:
- Lead the bid process to ensure best practice bid responses are developed for individual client requirements
- Receive the tender documentation and work with lead partner and other bid response team members to ‘kick-off’ the response process
- Work with Fee-earners and BD team members to define the bid strategy with a clear value proposition and win themes for critical and strategic bids
- Manage the end-to-end bid process according to best practice milestones and work collaboratively with all members of the firm, ensuring stakeholders are aware of their role
- Manage internal compliance and conflicts clearance processes with relevant teams Lead the drafting, reviewing, proof reading and amendment of content for strategic bid responses
- Monitor and promote bid best practice regarding writing style and tone while being compliant to individual client bid requirements or restrictions
- Support the Head of Bids, Asia Pacific, to deliver all bid activity at the highest standards of quality and excellence
- Conduct bid client research and develop and deliver stakeholder briefings and reports for major and complex bids
- Contribute to the design of graphical elements for written proposals, such as operating models, team structures, value propositions and complex themes
- Provide critical support for the firm’s preferred Bid technology for the creation and delivery of bids and support the tracking of bid data
- Support the content team to deliver the firm’s content management strategy by identifying content gaps and developing and writing leading content for inclusion in the content library
- Analyse bid response feedback against written responses to support the improvement of overall quality, win rates and spot trends
- Excellent bid management capability
- Experience of proposal writing and management in either a legal, professional services or other relevant environment, and experience of producing written content for proposals.
- Extremely strong bid process knowledge, writing and project management skills; able to transform technical information into clear, compelling, succinct content for proposal to various audience types (including public sector (government/councils), banks, financial institutions and corporates)
- Ability to put yourself in the “client’s shoes” by identifying “hot buttons”. Able to successfully articulate differentiators, benefits and win themes.
- Good grasp of bid best practice as it relates to written proposals, especially the requirement to focus content on the customer/client (their needs and concerns)
- Excellent organisational abilities and time management.
- Experience of using and managing a bid library and/or pitch automation system, and co-ordinating inputs from multiple stakeholders (including technical subject matter experts as well as business development teams)
- Exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies, i.e. strong proofreading skills
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Charles Handley on +61 2 8042 7970 or email your CV to email@example.com