15 Feb Marketing, Communications and Brand Manager | Boutique Professional Services Business
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1071268
- Lead the development of firm-wide marketing, communications and brand strategy
- Work along-side a high performing, sophisticated client facing BD team
- Join the company during an exciting time of structural change led by a highly impressive, newly appointed Leadership Team
- Work with highly engaged, innovative Principals
- Play a key role in driving the success of a clearly defined growth strategy
- Exclusive to Dalton Handley
There has never been a more exciting time to join our client, one of Australia’s leading specialist professional services businesses. Both in Australia and internationally, the company is a long-standing trusted advisor to some of the largest businesses and household names in the world.
With a newly appointed leadership team, a clearly defined growth strategy and highly engaged, ambitious principals, our client sees marketing, communications, business development and client growth at the core of its future success.
Working closely with the Director of Business Development and Client Growth, the Marketing, Communications & Brand Manager will lead the development and implementation of the firm’s marketing, communications and brand strategy. This pivotal role will focus on strengthening and communicating the overarching value proposition and driving inbound interest to the business. The key purpose of this role is to maximise the firm’s profile, in addition to owning and driving internal communications within the firm.
Supported by a small team, the Marketing, Brand & Communications Manager will drive development and execution of the marketing strategy by proactively increasing the reach and impact of the firm’s content, with the digital aspect of this strategy being key to this role.
The firm is currently going through a rebranding project with the assistance of an external agency. A redevelopment of the firm’s website is part of this process; this role to take a data driven approach to inform the strategy and to report on the success of the digital and content strategies.
- Develop and implement effective strategies, policies and guides to support and embed brand identity and consistent positioning.
- Manage and enhance brand within the Intellectual Property market.
- Ensure that all Principals and employees receive appropriate education and training on the firm’s brand strategy, empowering them to become effective brand ambassadors.
- Oversee all external marketing collateral/material to ensure brand consistency and identity.
- Work with Human Resources to support branding profile raising, to attract and retain talent i.e. employee value proposition development.
Digital Marketing and Content
- Play a key role in planning and launching a new website (in partnership with external consultants).
- Maintain and update standard content on the website e.g. employee profiles
- Work with Director to develop a digital marketing strategy that focuses on the tactics and channels that will most effectively drive brand awareness and generate leads.
- Oversee management of client database, social media updates (responsibility of Marketing & Communications Coordinator).
- Oversee content strategy implementation, including the development of a content calendar. Proactively recommend content and manage content from conception through to creation, publication and promotion.
- Monitor and measure success of tactics and channels against set KPIs. Report on results and make recommendations for future.
- Monitor the digital marketing campaigns of direct competitors and report on threats and opportunities.
- Consult with the Leadership Team on regular communications to employees on firm goals, results and initiatives to improve employee engagement.
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy to support the various Marketing & BD projects across the firm.
- Manage the suite of firm-wide internal communications templates and guides to consistently deliver a professional and engaging brand message.
- Draft communications for senior stakeholders, including the Leadership Team.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with external media including trade publications/journals, business media platforms and sponsors to ensure the firm receives positive coverage.
- Collaborate with BD team members to develop strategic and targeted communications to key clients, prospects, overseas associates and industry sectors.
- Monitor media coverage; leverage positive coverage and manage risks to brand and reputation from adverse coverage.
- Degree qualified in marketing, communications or similar.
- Between 4 to 8 years’ experience in marketing and communications, preferably working in professional services or a sophisticated B2B services environment.
- Digital marketing skills essential.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies in conjunction with establishing best practice.
- Experience in proactively working with various media outlets.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability digest and recommunicate highly technical communications suited to the client audience.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills; the ability to build and maintain effective relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience leading and managing a small team is preferred.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team.