23 Mar Head of Communications/Senior Manager | Leading Australian Law Firm
Location: Melbourne or Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1220798
- Join a well established Australian with a supportive and collaborative culture
- Report directly to the managing parter and lead your own team
- Full mix marketing and business development leadership role
- Work with highly engaged partners
- Great opportunity for a manager or senior manager to step up
- Part-time / flexible working
- Have a seat at the firm’s leadership table
Our client is a highly successful law firm, known for its supportive culture, strong partnership engagement with comms, marketing and BD and it’s highly-regarded functional lead.
As exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead the firm’s communications and media initiatives has arisen and can be based in Sydney or Melbourne. Leading a team of three, this position will work closely with Partners, the executive team and the wider business development team, to implement the communications strategy and projects. Reporting to our newly appointed Director of Business Development, this role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver proactive and innovative ideas to help build the firm profile in client excellence and profiling of our capability in the market
- Act as the central point for all major firm campaigns, including overseeing development and delivery of PR plans
- Identifies media opportunities and works to coach nominated spokespersons in media, interview and messaging skills
- Leads the development and continuous improvement of communications channels (eg media, website, social media) communication channels
- Develops a brand message for the firm, working closely with the CEO and Board to ensure enhancement to firm vision and values
- Works with CEO and stakeholders to identify reputational risks, techniques to mitigate risk, and works closely with senior leadership in crisis and issues management.
- Supports the firms internal communications plan, with particular alignment to employee engagement strategies
- Oversees main internal communications campaigns in alignment with CEO
What you will bring:
- Proven experience working in a similar role within a professional services/corporate environment alongside experience managing teams
- Proven experience in developing and implementing external communications strategies, including liaising with media contacts
- Results focused with experience liaising, coaching and influencing partner and senior lawyers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills alongside strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Be an effective team-player and have highly developed interpersonal skills including confidence, diplomacy and ability to gain credibility quickly.
- Proven track record in delivering operational excellence and using data to drive decision making.
- Be committed to championing innovation and best practice in client service and thought leadership.
Working with a highly energised team, the firm will offer flexible working arrangements, significant support to help you succeed in the role, and the promise of a real “seat at the table” in terms of leading the communications strategy.
If you would like to express your interest in this rare opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call or call 02 8042 7970. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Dalton Handley is a market leading recruitment consultancy and career advisory firm, dedicated to building careers and marketing/BD teams for some of Australia’s leading legal, accounting and consulting firms. Our team has over 30 years’ combined extensive professional services marketing recruitment expertise with front line experience in business development roles.