06 Apr Client-Facing Relationship Growth Manager | Specialist Professional Services Firm | Unique opportunity
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1071740
- Opportunity for a BDM in the legal sector to do something different
- Highly commercial business during a phase of significant growth
- Learn from a newly installed ex-Big-4 and strategy consulting Leadership Team
- Outstanding training and development on offer
- Rare growth opportunity for candidates with around 5 – 8 years’ experience
- Become quickly entrusted to manage and grow key client relationships in a truly client facing capacity in addition to coaching Principals
- Combine traditional BD experience with direct client facing work alongside highly engaged Principals
- Refreshing business culture, clearly defined growth strategy
- Exclusive to Dalton Handley
There has never been a more exciting time to join our client, one of Australia’s leading specialist professional services businesses. Both in Australia and internationally, the firm is a long-standing trusted advisor to some of the largest businesses and household consumer brands in the world.
With a newly appointed leadership team, a clearly defined growth strategy and highly engaged, ambitious principals, our client sees client growth and business development at the core of its future success.
Working closely with a non-traditional Director of Business Development with a technology and consulting background, Principals/Partners and senior fee-earners, this role will develop strategic account plans and execute initiatives to retain and grow key clients, as well as target and win new business along-side highly engaged Principals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be trained to engage with clients directly in addition to working in a traditional business development capacity to establish and grow relationships with clients in a strategic manner – this is not a sales role with revenue targets.
Role responsibilities include:
Key Account Management
- Work with the relevant fee-earners to implement account plans for key clients to grow service offering to them drawing on the Client Relationship Program framework.
- Keep up to date with developments in key client’s industries/sectors and competitors. Provide timely insights to Client Relationship Principal that can be used as touch points with clients.
- Conduct listening programs in person and via surveys to obtain client feedback in collaboration with practice groups, utilise feedback to improve the client experience.
- Proactively advise on and assist with the effective transition of key clients to other professionals as required.
Business Development and Pursuits
- Leverage data and insights to identify specific clients to target, providing competitor and market landscape insights.
- Qualify leads and new opportunities from new clients via a centralised approach.
- Set up meetings with target clients for professional staff, attend meetings alongside Principals and action any follow up activities.
- Provide training and coaching to professional staff on best practices in business development to build capability and confidence.
- Represent the firm at industry events to build the profile of the firm.
- Identify new opportunities for service offerings and pricing structures.
- Drive cross selling between practice groups to build referrals and increase work.
- Review campaigns and initiatives after completion to evaluate effectiveness. Make recommendations for the future.
- Identify target companies that are to be part of a long-term pursuits campaigns and actively manage relationships by building on those pursuit accounts.
Proposal, Bids and Tenders
- Work with Principals to define the bid strategy with a clear value proposition and win themes for critical and strategic bids.
- Manage the end-to-end bid process according to best practice milestones and work collaboratively with all stakeholders, ensuring they are aware of their role in the process.
- Work with Marketing and Communications team members to identify content gaps.
- Strive for continuous improvement through post bid and tender activities such as attending debriefs and reviewing response feedback and share learnings.
- Degree qualified in marketing, business, commerce or similar.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a BD, pursuits or strategic account management role, preferably in a professional services environment or sophisticated B2B services environment.
- Ability to identify and articulate the firm’s value proposition and tailor approach to the specific requirements of the associate firm/corporation.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0499 956 666 for further information.