01 Mar Client and Business Development Lead | Leading Australian Law Firm
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1076762
- Develop and drive strategic client growth initiatives
- Prominent role with responsibility for key strategic accounts
- Join a high performing, well-resourced and highly regarded team
- Work with truly engaged partners and a client focused executive leadership team
- Suited to candidates at senior BDM level and above
- Exclusive to Dalton Handley
One of the most successful full service law firms in Australia, our client has performed strongly throughout the recessionary period and poised for continued growth, driven by an innovative approach to client engagement, new business development and marketing communications. With a bluechip client base including some of Australia’s leading corporations, financial institutions and Government bodies, the firm is home to some of the most prominent and highly regarded Partners in the industry.
As part of the firm’s ambitious growth strategy and to support their sophisticated client program, they are seeking a senior individual combining strategic client engagement and market growth experience to join their large and well-resourced team.
Working with senior leaders, client relationship partners and practice group heads, this role will play an influential role in clients and markets strategy by driving profitable growth with a specific focus on chosen clients and areas of practise. The successful candidate will focus on improving client experience, driving opportunity pursuits, leverage data analytics and client insights, significantly enhancing operational excellence and building out BD capabilities.
- Work with the Client Relationship Partners to develop and execute client account strategy for clients to help deepen relationships and drive profitable growth
- Coordinate and manage pipeline development with the Client Relationship Partners within the designated client accounts
- Develop and implement robust account plans for nominated clients and together with the CRP, develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers of nominated clients to help deepen relationships
- Drive an innovative and profitability led approach to meeting the pricing needs of clients.
- Engage with the Client Listening programme by conducting and capturing client feedback through client listening, matter and pitch debriefs
- Providing strategic insight and commercial advice to the Partners and lawyers across the portfolio who will welcome innovative ideas
- Identify and prioritise opportunities at a sector/practice, client and market level and work with the partnership to develop and implement pursuit strategies, including profiling initiatives where required
- Ensure that the firm is best positioned to pursue opportunities in a collaborative fashion
- Develop a reputation as an expert adviser by being aware of and sharing market, sector/industry, competitor, client and firm intelligence and insight, including that gained through client listening
- Coach and prepare partners to pursue key opportunities, pitches and beauty parades, including clear articulation of the value proposition.
- Degree qualified in marketing, business, commerce or similar.
- 10 plus years’ experience in a BD, pursuits or strategic account management role, preferably in a professional services environment or sophisticated B2B services environment.
- Experience in working directly with clients or with the strong potential to do so
- Ability to identify and articulate the firm’s value proposition and tailor approach to the specific requirements of the associate firm/corporation.
- Strong commercial acumen including an in-depth understanding of sales cycles and B2B services buyer behaviour.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team.