16 Aug Business Development Manager | Step-up from Adviser level | Highly desirable tier-1 law firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1071295
- Innovative, collaborative and successful law firm with a culture of career development
- Opportunity for an established manager or aspiring executive/adviser
- Full-mix marketing, business development and client care and growth
- Report directly to a highly regarded business development leader
- Practice group coverage includes Disputes, Investigations and Employment
With a reputation for having one of the top three BD functions in terms of desirability in the Australian market, this law firm does things differently. Their culture is one of high performance whilst being nurturing, friendly, innovative and progressive beyond the realms of a typical tier-1 law firm.
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, this position will support the Litigation and Disputes practice in all marketing and BD efforts to win business; proactively monitor industry and client opportunities, coach the partners to pitch for business in a client-focussed way; and to develop and implement practice group marketing plans to achieve revenue and market share objectives.
As a core strategic focus of the firm, the Disputes Business Development Manger will to help lead the upward trajectory of a high performing and fast growing practice group. Supporting a team of young and eager partners, this role offers the scope to effect real change and shape the business and strategy of a key pillar of the firm. This is an outstanding opportunity for a proactive and ambitious Adviser seeking the next step, or an established BDM.
Marketing and Business Development
- Planning, budgeting and implementation of business development and marketing initiatives with Practice Group Leaders/Partners
- Within the Disputes and Investigations practice group, the role will be responsible for all facets of the business development and marketing spectrum:
- strategic positioning (brand and communications)
- stakeholder/relationship management with external parties (industry associations, joint venture parties etc)
- winning work (tenders and capability statements)
- proactive targeting (identifying and analysing opportunities)
- communicating with clients (new media, presentation development, websites and newsletters)
- event management (seminars, webinars, client entertainment, CLE programmes)
- general marketing activities (sponsorships, advertising, directory listings and profile building)
- press releases, and generating media coverage
- Establishing and lead the business development strategy for the group through consultation with partners, through the lens of the firm’s objective to be a leading transactional, disputes and regulatory firm.
- Driving effective decision making on tactics to realise the practice group plan, from reviewing sponsorship opportunities to developing thought leadership campaigns and internal team training on business development
- Monitoring the market and key industries, as well as developing and maintaining strong industry networks (in conjunction with partners) to assist with initiatives and high level profile raising
- Understanding and applying relevant market research and intelligence in relation to trends and opportunities to take a thought leadership role for the practice group
Client targeting and care
- Lead the sales voice for clients to determine what is valued by clients and develop innovative ideas for new value adds
- Assist partners to understand share of wallet, plan quarterly initiatives, respond to reporting requirements, co-ordinate cross-selling and assist planning client performance reviews
What you will need to succeed:
- Business development experience with at least 5 years in a corporate or professional services environment
- Degree qualified
- Experience in developing industry or client plans for revenue maximisation or growth strategies
- Experience with B2B and industry analysis
If you are an ambitous BD and Marketing Adviser or Manager seeking an opportunity with one of the best firms in the Australian market, we would love to hear from you. For more information or to register your interest, contact the Dalton Handley team for more information at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8042 7970. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.