15 Feb Business Development Manager – Overseas Clients & Associates | Boutique Professional Services Business
Location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1067554
- Combine traditional BD experience with direct client facing work alongside Principals
- Opportunity to travel overseas and work with both clients and affiliate partners
- Refreshing business culture and clear growth strategy
- Join the company during an exciting time of structural change led by a highly impressive, newly appointed Managing Director
- Work with highly engaged, innovative Principals
- Strategic and proactive role
- Exclusive to Dalton Handley
There has never been a more exciting time to join our client, one of Australia’s leading specialist professional services businesses. Both in Australia and internationally, the company is a long-standing trusted advisor to some of the largest businesses and household names in the world.
With a newly appointed leadership team, a clearly defined growth strategy and highly engaged, ambitious principals, our client sees marketing, communications, business development and client growth at the core of its future success.
Given the nature of the international system pertaining to this company, the Business Development Manager – Overseas (Clients & Associates) will drive the expansion of the overseas referral network in major international markets such as the United States. This is a client facing role in which you will liaise with referral partners in all overseas markets. In future this role is likely to involve some local and international travel, circumstances permitting.
This opportunity would suit a BD Manager with proven client facing skills or the ability to quickly build on their foundation of traditional experience to operate in both capacities.
- Drive work from overseas corporates, associates and agents in collaboration with the BD Principal/Partner.
- Build strategic plans plan to position the company’s brand in overseas markets through profile raising initiatives e.g. share updates on Australian and New Zealand law, decisions, thought leadership pieces that will add value.
- Build direct relationships with key decision makers in overseas corporates, associates and filing agents.
- Identify new opportunities using analytics resources and identify any conflicts of interest for referral to the conflicts committee.
- Assist BD Principal to establish and maintain reciprocal relationships – arrange meetings, obtain data, participate in meetings and follow up. Ensure all records for these associates are correct.
- Conduct listening sessions with associates to understand their experiences of working with the company. Identify ways to improve service offering and make recommendations to the LT.
- When international travel is possible, work with fee earners to plan international travel to visit clients and associates. Accompany them on key trips.
- Work with LT to develop competitive pricing strategies and other initiatives. For example, certain countries may have a different service offering with different price points to other markets.
- Work with the BD principal to define the strategy with a clear value proposition for critical and strategic bids or pricing requests.
- Receive and collate tenders, requests for proposals and pricing requests from overseas and work with BD principal to manage the process, involving Principals and other Fee Earners as appropriate.
- Strive for continuous improvement through post bid and tender activities such as attending debriefs and reviewing response feedback.
- Communicate learnings with the team to ensure the improvement of overall quality, strategy and win rates.
- Make recommendations to pricing framework. Identify areas for improvement and provide feedback on its market competitiveness based on pricing requests and proposals.
- Degree qualified in marketing, business, commerce or similar.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a BD, pursuits or strategic account management role, preferably in a professional services environment or sophisticated B2B services environment.
- Experience in working directly with clients or with the strong potential to do so
- Ability to identify and articulate the firm’s value proposition and tailor approach to the specific requirements of the associate firm/corporation.
- Strong commercial acumen including an in-depth understanding of sales cycles and B2B services buyer behaviour.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team.