05 Mar Business Development Executive or Manager (Construction) | Global Law Firm
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 939689
- Fantastic opportunity to join a high performing global leader
- Drive business development activity in line with agreed business plans
- Initiate and deliver initiatives to win new business and grow existing client relationships
We are working with one of the fastest growing law firms in the world, with ambitious plans for further growth, on an exciting practice-focused role. This role is responsible for delivering marketing and business development services and campaigns for the Real Estate, Construction and Infrastructure practice, in line with the firm’s regional and international strategy.
The role will be focused on Australia, but will also involve delivering BD initiatives across multiple jurisdictions and target markets, including n the APAC region.
- Understand and engage with relevant markets, industry sectors and clients, and identify trends and business development opportunities aligned with the firm’s Construction and Real Estate offering
- Assist partners to prepare and drive rolling business development plans including related budgeting aspects, project managing their delivery, ROI analysis and communication
- Assist senior lawyers with the development and implementation of their individual business plans
- Champion key client plans (both regionally and globally), including identifying sector key targets, monitoring client developments, assisting client teams to implement priorities, and using account management techniques to support delivery
- Oversee the practice’s client event, seminar and training programme, working closely with senior lawyers, the Events Advisor and external stakeholders to ensure successful planning and delivery, including meeting all timeframes for list preparation, invitations, and reporting
- Manage and assist with pitch and formal tender processes, including reviewing requirements, planning timeframes, acquiring, drafting and editing content, approving pricing, uploading submissions, and managing post pitch and evaluation processes
- Manage, and where necessary create, capability statements, brochures/flyers, infographics, website content, newsletters, presentations and event materials (working with the design team)
- Use the firm’s client relationship management databases, InterAction and Vuture, to create event and communication lists, campaign reports, and ad hoc client research for partners
- Own the collation and sharing of BD assets and content, including standard texts, team/lawyer experience, CVs, pitches, legal directory submissions, client feedback and intelligence
- Oversee the maintenance and development of client data and contact lists, including working with secretaries and the BD Assistant to ensure post campaign cleaning and update of records
- Drive cross-pollination of best practice, ideas, approaches, market-knowledge and cross-selling opportunities, both regionally and globally, between various groups across the firm
- Contribute to the continuing development of BD processes, tools and resources.
Required skills and qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience of having worked in the professional services sector, a partnership or other complex, global environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills, and the energy and passion to drive new business initiatives, influence partners, and deliver and analyse results.
- A commercial and open mindset with the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of new opportunities and alternative solutions.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Hands-on experience in planning client events and workshops, with high client contact across all levels, including senior management.
For more information, including a more detailed job description, please contact Lauren Jansen for further information and to apply.EMAIL LAUREN