12 Jan Business Development Director, Sales – Transport | Global Design Leader
Location: Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 902955
- World leader in global design and engineering
- Senior Sales role, responsible for driving growth within the transport sector
- Manage a premier transport client account
- Work hand-in-hand with an experienced operational team to drive sales
- Truly collaborative, diverse, supportive and high-performing culture
- Highly competitive salary
Dalton Handley is partnering with one of the world’s leading design consulting firms to find an experienced, driven and results-focused BD Director for Transport. The right candidate will have proven success and established client relationships in the transport sector to manage a premier transport client account, lead the client-side services growth strategy in New South Wales, increase market share and achieve top-line financial targets.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be part of a team of BD Directors who manage key clients and major pursuits. In addition, you will be supported by a leading submissions team who facilitate the pursuit strategy process and prepare proposals after an opportunity has been identified.
- Engage with clients and collaborate with people to develop client account strategies, strengthen and expand key client relationships, identify opportunities, cross sell services and drive pursuit strategies to win major projects in the Transport industry.
- Grow and develop a premier transport client account, including creating and implementing the account strategy, strengthening and expanding relationships and winning client-side opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales pursuit strategies/partnerships to target major transport pursuits.
- Lead key pursuit activities as a coach and mentor with the team to improve win rate and training of the sales and operations team.
- Coordinate and facilitate Go/No Go decisions, and help develop required sales costs aligned with opportunity potential.
- Lead pricing strategy development and pricing reviews, and develop bid and proposal estimates.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with clients, especially at executive levels including Board/s and or relevant Minister/s.
- Stay current on the performance of contracted projects and engage both internally and with client to resolve issues.
- Complete or oversee all client listening and help ensure project delivery matches the proposal.
- Coach/train/develop other key staff to build and expand their own relationships with the client/s.
- Contribute to planning and reporting requirements.
Required skills and qualifications
- Degree in engineering, architecture, construction, business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree preferable.
- 8+ years relevant sales experience, working in a client-facing BD role with demonstrated success in position and winning major infrastructure pursuits.
- A strong understanding of the upcoming Transport opportunities across NSW.
- Strong existing relationships within the transport and infrastructure industry.
- Experience working, managing and influencing in a matrix organisation across different locations, cultures, functions and business lines.
- Strong leadership skills and experiences.
- Honest, open and ethical.
- Resilient, adaptable, respectful, inclusive and commercial.