01 Mar BDM / Senior BDM | Sector and Client Focus | Energy and Resources
Location: Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, Australia | Job ID: 1077680
- Opportunity for an ambitious BDM to join a premium brand in the legal services sector
- Join a high performing, well-resourced and highly regarded team
- Develop and drive business growth and client engagement strategies for a growing and evolving sector
- Work with truly engaged partners and a client focused executive leadership team
- Suited to senior BDM and ambitious BDM level candidates
- Exclusive to Dalton Handley
With some of the most highly regarded Partners and business development professionals in the Australian legal sector, our client is a successful, growing and ambitious full-service firm known for their innovative approach to client engagement, business development and marketing communications, driven by the executive leadership team and long-standing BD leadership.
As part of the firm’s ambitious growth strategy, they are seeking an ambitious and driven business development manager or aspiring senior manager-level candidate with proven experience in developing, driving and supporting both market and client strategies in a high-performing environment.
Working with senior leaders, client relationship partners and group heads, this role will play an influential role in driving profitable growth with a specific focus on key markets, clients and strategic projects, growing the firm’s market share and profile, client retention and development, product development and new business development initiatives.
- Provide strategic insight and commercial advice to the Partners and lawyers who are open to innovative recommendations and ‘out of the box’ solutions
- Identify and prioritise opportunities at a sector/practice, client and market level and working with the partnership to develop and implement pursuit strategies, including profiling initiatives
- Engage with Partners and peers across practice groups and client teams to ensure that the firm is best positioned to pursue opportunities in a collaborative fashion
- Develop your reputation as an expert adviser by being aware of and sharing market, sector/industry, competitor, client and firm intelligence and insight, including that gained through client listening
- Coach and prepare Partners to pursue key opportunities, pitches and beauty parades, including clear articulation of the value proposition
- Manage the tender and submission process through providing strategic advice on messaging, pricing, project management and commercially driven drafting
- Aligning resources (from within your team and across the firm where necessary) to execute on strategy, escalating where required to achieve required outcome
- Champion and demonstrate key behaviours of collaboration and proactivity in a high quality output environment
- Engaging, coach and develop junior members of the Business Development team
- Degree qualified in marketing, business, commerce or similar.
- 7 plus years’ experience in a BD, pursuits or strategic account management role, preferably in a professional services environment or sophisticated B2B services environment.
- Strategic and tactical marketing experience
- Sales theory and strategy, including pricing
- Project management and facilitation skills
- Tender/proposal management, drafting and development of key messaging skills
- Advanced business writing and presentation skills (oral presentation skills and the ability to present with impact)
- Ability to identify and articulate the firm’s value proposition and tailor approach to the specific requirements of the associate firm/corporation.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team.