01 Nov 3/4 days Business Development Manager | Tier-1 Professional Services | Brisbane, Perth, Sydney or Melbourne
Location: Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, Australia | Job ID: 1169032
- Join one of the most sophisticated and prominent professional services firms in the world
- Enjoy support from a junior manager level resource and excellent infrastructure underpinning BD
- Role combining strategy development and fee earner coaching
- Work with a large and well resourced, supportive team
- A truly part-time (3 or 4 days) role
One of the World’s most pre-eminent professional services firms, our client is a full service firm with proven strength across a range of sectors and service lines. Working with leading financial institutions, corporations and Government bodies, their partners are highly regarded, high performing and ambitious to achieve further growth across Australia. This is a part-time (3 or 4 days per week). This role can be based in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney.
This role is an excellent opportunity to support a key service line that has arisen as a result of an internal promotion. As a senior level Business Development Manager, you will partner with a key practice group to develop and deliver the business development strategy in Australia and champion growth initiatives.
With partners spread across all four of our Australian offices, this is a truly nationally collaborative team and one that takes an enthusiastic and innovative approach to BD and client care. You will work on global thought leadership initiatives, aligned to global directives, from Australia.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of service line Strategy.
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to the partnership in the development and execution of the groups’ business development strategy.
- Deliver the implementation of the group strategy by coaching partners to maximise market opportunities and pursue new business. Evaluate progress against plan and monitor the implementation of key initiatives.
- Provide strategic input to the National Management Team.
- Client feedback: Engage in and encourage active support of the firm’s Client Listening Programme which seeks client feedback to find ways to continually improve the client experience.
- Campaigns: In conjunction with Brand and Marketing and Communications teams, develop marketing and profile raising initiatives including a content strategy and thought leadership.
- BD events: Provide ideas and assistance in organising BD events for the group (working with the national Events team).
- Pitching: Lead and contribute to the preparation of pitch and bid documents.
- 7-10 years+ professional services experience in a business development role with a particular focus on strategic selling, pursuits management and account management.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of the different practice areas, sectors and markets relevant to Employment, IR and Safety is desirable. Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the overall business.
- Project management skills. Demonstrates sound organisational,
- planning and project administrative skills.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying opportunities, building strategic relationships and networks externally and internally, managing clients and pursuing new business.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build trusting relationships with the partnership and business services management alike.
- Proven ability to plan and execute against business development plans and goals goals.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and strong work ethic with a willingness to accept ownership of and follow up on tasks without prompting.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders whilst maintaining a firm first approach when decision making.
For more information, please send your CV in confidence to a member of the Dalton Handley team at email@example.com or call 0499 956 666 for further information.